Duration // Schedule
From July 8th to 12th 2019 (25 hours) // From 9 a.m. to 2:15 p.m.
520 €. Bold members of Elisava Alumni will enjoy a 15% reduction.
Interaction design is a discipline that has been evolving along its short history. From the first computers to the technological ubiquity of the smartphones, we have turned this discipline from the design usability to design experience. Today, the emotions that interaction produces with products have the same or even more importance than the efficiency these products have themselves.
Don Norman coined the term of experience design when he started to work for Apple in the 90s. The anecdote that comes back most often is the one when he realized that the experience with those computers was weak as soon as they observed the computers had no good presentation in the shop, the containers were too big for putting them in the car, and once at home people didn't figure out how to connect things together and they felt insecure about the procedures. All this determined the users' experience and what should have been changed. So, they transformed all their computers in aesthetics products, of flawless ergonomic and a Plug and Play working philosophy. In fact, these details turned Apple in a ground-breaking technological enterprise.
The experience design is not to design a website or app, not even designing a phone or computer. The experience design is the design of how the whole system behaves with a certain product or service, and how it focuses its efforts on understanding people's behavior, their needs and motivations for designing and, at the same time, ensuring the best vital experience possible
In this course, we explore the principles, methods, key techniques of the users' experience design and through all them we will create strategic proposals for generating the value chain of a product inside the digital ecosystem.
Who can apply?
Students and professionals from any design field who are interested in learning the users' techniques and multichannel experience formalization.
- To understand the user's experience as a methodology that allows to increase the satisfaction in the products and services perceptions.
- To learn the different stages of the methodology and to apply the processes, methods and own experience design techniques for defining, executing and evaluating the digital service ecosystem from a user-centered perspective.
- Know the methodology for the experience design, the recurring character and its relation with the people-centered design.
- Integrate the main techniques in a users' research process as part of the design process.
- Synthesize the research of users' archetypes and defining the design goals.
- Applying the process visualization basic techniques for organizing the experience flows.
- Designing experiences that have in common the digital ecosystem and provide services solutions without problems.
Structure and Contents
Along five sessions, the following contents will be treated:
- Introduction to the users' experience
- Five stages in experience design
- People-centered design
- Agile planning of a project
- Users' research
- What is the research
- Research planning
- Methodological proposal and more common techniques
- What is modeling
- Three stages in modeling: people, scenarios and requirements
- Narrative prototyping
- Experience ecosystem
- User Journey Map
- Propuesta de valor
- Value Proposition Canvas
- Final presentations and conclusions
Independent research and designer. Her research is focused in the systematization of the visual language, the digital culture and the critical interface. She is now the director of the Master's Degree in Direction and Design of Internet Projects and the ELISAVA -- Pompeu Fabra University's Postgraduate program of Apps Design. She is also teacher in the Bachelor's Degree in Design. She collaborates as a consultant at UOC in the subjects of Interaction Design and Data Visualization as a teacher in the Master's Degree in Digital Publications at BAU-UVic.
In 2016, she participated in the preparation of the Manifesto for Critical Approach of the Interface in the framework of the European project "Participatory Investigation of Public Engaging Spaces" (Hangar, ZKM, BrainZ, 2016) Thanks to this participation, she has been the speaker in the 1st International Conference Interface Politics (2016), the UX Conference Telefónica Professorship -- UOC. (2016), and the 6th Congress International UXSpain (2017).
In 2004 she published in Gustavo Gili the book "Un sistema gráfico para cubiertas de libro" (A graphic system for book covers). Towards a parameters language from which a second edition has been published already. Recently, she has wrote the book "Cuaderno de Interacción" (Interaction Notebook) in which she analyzes the methodology of the interaction project from a constructuve perspective (2017).