Roman Reiner and Pilar Soriano
Duration // Timetable
July, 13 - July, 17 2020 (25 hours)
4 p.m. to 9.15 p.m.
590 €. Bold members of Elisava Alumni will enjoy a 15% reduction.
Conventionally, creativity and innovation are limited by the possibilities of traditional production methods.
But in the recent years, new technologies have disrupted the approaches of design.
As part of this summer school, we scope new ways of making esthetic innovations reality while expanding your knowledge about new production tools. You will understand the advantages of the different Additive Manufacturing technologies and practically learn to use their full potential through design. Enable your company to design sustainably for the future instead of redesigning the past.
- To know about the capabilities of modern production technologies
- To understand and apply the iterative design process on Additive Manufacturing to move faster to market introduction
- Planning and structuring of your creative project
- Creation and managing of added value
- To open your mind and design limitless, sustainable and use the full potential of Additive Manufacturing through design
- To choose which design, material, finish and additive manufacturing approach to use for your innovative projects
Hands-on project development: Creating your own artistic design for Additive Manufacturing by using real life models and inspirations. Production preparation and manual post- processing of your design. Visits of companies using different Additive Manufacturing successfully in Barcelona.
Structure and Contents
This course is carried out at Elisava classrooms and laboratories, together with visits to the AureoBCN AM production facility and post processing specialists in Barcelona.
The program consists of 3 blocks:
- Opening the mind with different creativity techniques for Additive Manufacturing, diving into the different Additive Manufacturing technologies and their advantages and learning about successful market applications.
- Hands-on design for Additive Manufacturing with tutoring and build job preparation for printing with the Selective Laser Sintering Technologie. Printing and manual post processing of your design.
- Visits to AureoBCN and post processing specialists to experience the production processes, facilities, machines and different post processing stages.
Graduated in International Production Engineering and Management from Friedrich-Alexander University (Erlangen, Germany). Early specialized in design for Additive Manufacturing and worked at EOS GMBH (Munich, Germany) consulting international companies of different industries. He became an independent designer and consultant to help companies and other artists use the full potential and freedom of Additive Manufacturing through design. More info: www.romanreiner.com
Elisava graduate in Engineering of Industrial Design and specialized in product design for Additive Manufacturing. Educated in Additive Manufacturing by EOS GMBH (Munich, Germany). Currently running the Design and Additive Manufacturing department, ÁUREOBCN at FORPAL S.L. More info: www.aureobcn.es
Artists and product, interior and fashion designers open to creating outside the box.
Basic knowledge of 3D design is required.
Laptop with 3D design software of your choosing (Free Softwares: Blender, FreeCAD, OnShape).