Ignasi Bonjoch, Maria Güell and Mariona Garcia
Duration // Schedule
1st to 12th July 2019 (40 hours) from 5 p.m. to 9.15 p.m.
770 €. Bold members of Elisava Alumni will enjoy a 15% reduction.
Introduction / Intermediate
Conceptualization and ephemeral spaces design as a discipline that encompasses multiple languages. From the commercial spaces and venues and fairs to heritage and argumentative exhibitions.
In this Summer School course you will learn that some companies invest their resources in presentations at fairs or at events increasingly require more creativity and efficiency in communication. Cultural centres that prepare exhibitions increasingly need the figure of a designer-organizer that manages both the content and the exhibition space.
Design and Communication professionals that carry out tasks oriented to fair architecture, stands design and exhibitions. Last-year students of the Degree in Design who want to acquire new knowledge on the subject.
- To go into detail about the ephemeral world: events, presentations, fairs, exhibitions, shows.
- To analyze in depth the narrative resources: script, scene, tempo, content.
- To know the technical means: light, audiovisuals, colour, graphic application, space metric.
Structure and Contents
- The conceptual and mental map as an ideas organizer and ideas generator.
- The professional assignment: how to face a briefing, how to ask decisive questions to our interlocutor, what does our client expect, what do the suppliers need.
- The professional practice: How do a fair and an exhibition work; regulations, schedule and planning. Project management. Competitions regulations.
- Design: implementation of a program, construction of an expository narrative, formalization of the contents, the attributes of a brand.
- The assembly: Coordination of the industrials and the suppliers. Work plan and planning.
Designer and professor of Elisava. Professor of Masters in the UB, UPF and UPC. Design stands and stores for fashion firms. He has designed exhibitions for the CCCB, the History Museum of Catalonia, La Casa Encendida, Azkuna Zentroa Bilbao, El Born CCM or Museu del Disseny Hub Barcelona. He often uses the technique of mental maps for the representation in space of an expository script.
Lighting designer. Her training comes from the world of spectacle, design and the conception of scenic space through light. lainvisible.pro
Mariona Garcia Solé
Graphic designer. She has designed the space graphics in numerous exhibitions, professor of Elisava, Eina and Bau. Specialist in cultural exhibitions.