Juan Carlos Ines and Noel Díaz
Duration // Schedule
September, 7-18 2020 (36 hours)
From 4.30 p.m. to 9.15 p.m. (Except 11 and 16)
Basic / Intermediate
- Alumni Bold (15% discount).
- Elisava students (25% discount).
This Summer School course allows to create, to model and to render with agility and precision all kinds of geometries. Rhinoceros and other rendering motors as flamingo or V-Ray are tools that allow obtaining images and CAD models quickly and easily. It is very useful for people dedicated to the development of any type of product that has to be represented in a photorealistic way or produced by CADCAM tools.
The goals of the program are:
- To get the necessary knowledge in Rhinoceros and V-Ray to develop a design project.
- To encourage creative and rational use through Rhinoceros tools.
The contents of the program are:
- Rhino interface for Windows.
- Creation of two dimensional objects.
- Tools for creating solids.
- Solids transformation.
- Tools for creating surfaces.
- Surfaces transformation.
- Modification of solids and surfaces.
- Planimetry and dimensioning tools.
- Importation and exportation tools.
- Lighting concepts, V-Ray.
- Kinds of lighting tools, V-Ray.
- Lighting tools, V-Ray.
- Concepts materials, V -Ray.
- Material tools, V -Ray.
- Mapping, V-Ray.
- Digital/paper format.
Structure and Contents
The structure of the course is the following:
- Building of a 3D model with Rhino tools.
- Lights application (V-Ray).
- Materials, textures and mapping applications (V-Ray)
- Product presentation (3D, rendering, planimetry...)
Juan Carlos Inés
He studied Industrial Design at Elisava. In early 90s he associates with Gonzalo Milà and they create the Ines-Milà studio, where they develop ephemeral architecture and product projects. From 1997 onwards he began to work and to collaborate with museography and exhibitions companies. Currently, he has his own study and combines product design and interior design with exhibition and cultural projects.
Noel Díaz Castañón
Product designer and teacher of the Elisava Degree in Design. Bachelor of Arts in Design by the University of Southampton and studies in Industrial Design at Elisava. He collaborates with various design-related companies: IDD, EMS, Roca, Mètode, New Media, Estudio Enric Miralles, Whyart Proyect, Magma, Gala, Gas Gas, Talleres de las indias, Inditex, etc.
Product designers and engineers, graphic designers, jewellery designers, computer graphics designers, architects and, in general, everybody dedicated to Image, Communication, Design and Product Manufacturing and Engineering.
Basic knowledge of drawing and geometry.