Ricardo is a researcher in the “Decoding Well-being” line at ElisavaResearch, and his expertise areas are Interior Design; User Centred Design; Dwelling, Workspace and Hospitality environments.
Ricardo holds a PhD in Architecture, from the Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), since 2011, and he has been linked to Elisava since 1994 with the following academic responsibilities:
- Director of the Postgraduate course in "Design of the Workplace" since 2003, and Co-Director of the Master's Degree in "Interior Design" since 2005.
- Director of the Master's Degree in Interior Design for Hotels, Bars and Restaurants, since 2016.
- Coordinator of the Master's Degree in Elisava, since 2014.
- Tutor of Final Degree Project in Design from 2015.
- Professor responsible for the subject of Design Projects Degree Habitat since 2016.
- Academic Director of Elisava between 2011 and 2014.
- Director of the Postgraduate course in "Design of the strategic habitat. Mobility and temporality "and Co-Director of the Master's Degree in Design and Habitat", from 2010 to 2015.
- Professor of the subject "Project Exercises" for the 2nd year of Technical Architecture studies, between 1999 and 2001
- Coordinating professor of the subject "Light and space" of the 3rd year of the Higher Degree in Design studies, between 1998 and 2011.
- Professor in charge of the cultural monograph course "Aspects binding on the conception of modern space", between 1994 and 1999.
He is also Associate Lecturer at the Department of Architectural Composition, at ETSA Vallès - UPC, since 1993.
In 1989 he was granted with an FPI scholarship to work four years at the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC).
The most relevant publication of Ricardo is “Espacio fluido versus espacio sistemático, UPC editions, May 1995.
He´s also founder and director of the professional Studio GS Arquitectura.