New VISIONS BY Issue No. 3 by Elisava Research and Onomatopee
The new VISIONS BY issue features an evolution from its previous format and structure, just as Issue No. 4 and upcoming and future issues will. Published by Onomatopee, ua curating and editorially led public gallery and publisher that is particularly known for their self-initiated and transdisciplinary projects, the publication is meant to mutate, seeking the best way to explore their self-contained content. Again, there is no specific theme per issue, no specific profile, no specific reader. Our contributors are selected in order to help us understand the cultural implications of materials and their infinite meanings.
VISIONS BY Issue No. 3 is conceptually organized around a spiral, representing the distance that the featured content presents in relation to the human body. From “deep” to “under” we find Dr. Naomi’s surgical work and understandings. Going from “under” to “between” Sara Bastai explores the relationship between objects and bodies and all the way around. Arriving at “on” we find Carlos Sáez and his Techno no Aware hardware. Passing from “on” towards the unknown “?”, Luca Dobry presents Future Sameness. From the “?” to the ununderstandable we have Riccardo Badano’s Naturing Borders and Toni Navarro’s Proposals and Challenges for Planetary Politics.
- Proposals and Challenges for Planetary Politics: Toni Navarro
- Naturing Borders: Riccardo Badano
- Future Sameness, The Techno-Communist Drive in Luxury: Luca Dobry
- Tecnho no Aware: Carlos Saéz
- Bodies as Objects, Objects as Bodies: Sara Bastai
- The Fetishisation of “Natural” is Old News: Dr. Naomi
People about Material Cultures.
Issue No. 3 – 2022
- Creative Direction: Saúl Baeza
- Editors-in-Chief: Saúl Baeza, Laura Clèries
- Design: Oficina de disseny (Diego Bustamante, Ariadna Serrahima)
- Publisher: Onomatopee
- Promoter: Elisava Research
- Linguistic Correction & Translation: Cassandra Seidel, Traduccions MON
- Cover: Sara Bastai
- Back Cover & Gift: Carlos Sáez
VISIONS BY people about Material Cultures: Riccardo Badano, Sara Bastai, Luca Dobry, Dr. Naomi and DOES Salon, Carlos Sáez and Jesús Alcaide, Toni Navarro.
For more information: email@example.com