Postgraduate Degree in Innovation and Design Thinking, degree awarded by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF).
Postgraduate in Innovation and Design Thinking
How can we improve the quality of life through design and innovation? In the Postgraduate in Innovation and Design Thinking you will learn the needs in constant change of today's society.
NEW START DATE: 12/03/2021
Jorge Hernán Rodríguez
Groups in Spanish and English. A medium/high English level is required.
Mar 2021 to Jul 2021
Tu, We, Fr, 5:00-9:15 p.m.
Two field trips in a European city during 5 days. Travel and stay expensesnot included.
How can we know the changing and fluent needs of today's society? How can we improve the quality of life through design and innovation?
To innovate and transform our companies, governments, organizations and, above all, the mentality of those who work in them, it is necessary to have a thorough understanding of their context, their dynamics and the methodologies and tools that can help us facilitate their change. This postgraduate course helps its participants to achieve an innovative perspective, through the design of experiences, services, strategies and systems, to generate a positive impact on the transformation of communities and organizations of today and of the future. From the use of agile methodologies, such as lean startup, design thinking, human centered design, service design, systems thinking, we create and prototype real solutions for companies that carry out projects with our programme.
Each innovation team has its own client and a challenge that with our project based learning offers opportunities to acquire professional experience in innovation and transformation projects. During their development, the teams of students learn to manage interdisciplinary teams, innovation projects, clients and collaborators for the success of the project, for the satisfaction of the client's needs and to favor a direct learning through real projects.
Introduction and context
An overview of the Design Thinking world, the methods used and the key concepts. Making up work teams and project brief.
DT central workshop
- This is the collaborative venue where work teams pose, develop and apply the innovation proposals resulting from their research. Debate and experimentation space.
Thematic seminars and forums
- With professors, tutors and guest lecturers who offer technical and academic support to the work done in the central workshop and other workshops.
- Focused on specific areas of Design Thinking processes, they help students to develop their skills in designing services, experiences, prototypes, tests and co-creation activities.
- These workshops are hosted by guest lecturers, groups and practitioners in the innovation sector.
- They help students to understand the networks among innovation, production and business, from the client’s point of view.
Introduction to Design Thinking
- Allows students to connect research skills with collaborative and innovative thought philosophies.
- Tutored by the programme teaching staff and by the managers of the firms associated with MIDI.
- Train researchers with the ability to create and participate in innovation and development processes.
- Offer professionals not linked to design tools that complement their training in scientific, technical and humanistic fields, to enhance their professional profile and opportunities.
- Offer professionals linked to design a space for interaction with other agents of innovation processes in order to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Addressing innovation in a broad sense, including its technological, social, creative, productive and business plans aspects.
- Encourage the creation of spaces and events of exchange and collaboration between all the agents linked to innovation processes, service design and strategy scenarios.
- Facilitate the exploration of new services, systems, products, strategies and experiences for organizations, companies and governments through real projects linked to innovation.
- Online and offline research methodologies and tools management, and fieldwork.
- Knowledge of trend analysis.
- Empathy and creative thinking.
- Viability in innovation projects, development of plans and innovation strategies
- Consulting in innovation, design of services, design thinking, systems thinking and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of team management, account management and project management.
- Public speaking ability.