Postgraduate Degree in Design of Intelligent Spaces
Postgraduate Degree in Design of Intelligent Spaces (interuniversity master’s degree: UOC, ELISAVA)
This online postgraduate course will teach students to work on architectural projects of intelligent spaces and eco-efficient, healthy and connected interior design.
Pierre Bourdin (UOC) and Ricardo Guasch (Elisava)
Starting date: October 16, 2019
Admission and Access requirements
Students interested in architecture, design, multimedia, interior design, industrial design engineering, ICT, visualizers and architectural renderers.
Knowing the latest trends in the design of smart, eco-efficient and healthy spaces built with the latest materials is the main goal of this programme.
The Postgraduate Degree in Design of Intelligent Spaces offers the student the possibility to know more about the latest trends in the design of spaces and the creation of architectural, eco-efficient, healthier projects built with new materials.
This programme offers the student the possibility to deepen the materials and systems of construction and to have a vision about the eco-efficient design in healthy and connected spaces. The programme has small projects that revolve around specific cases of professional application in this field.
- First semester. Design of healthy and sustainable spaces (healthy spaces, eco-efficient design, materials and systems).
- Second semester: Connected spaces and Project.
The student will acquire the necessary skills to design intelligent, eco-efficient, healthy and connected architecture projects and interior design projects.
- To provide innovative and creative solutions suited to complex problems.
- To master the professional planning of projects and all its phases of work.
- To analyze and synthesize information related to the specific field of the programme.
- To express, orally and in writing, complex knowledge in the academic and professional field with its own style, safety and fluency, and a high degree of autonomy.
- To use and critically apply ICT and virtual reality in the academic and professional field.
- To design and organize the spaces incorporating the new materials.
- To apply the new social values related to sustainability and energy efficiency.
- To manage the resources in a sustainable way and evaluate the energy efficiency of the spaces.
- To apply the criteria of health and well-being of people to spatial solutions, paying special attention to universal accessibility and safety in use.
- To understand and analyze the processes, methods and techniques of virtual reality and know how to apply them to design, development and visualization in the context of architectural projects.
- Understand the constraints related to technological advances involved in the implementation of the latest generation spaces (AI, IoT, robotics, new materials).
Ricardo Guasch is the Director of the Postgraduate Degree in Interior Space Design: Work Spaces and Director of the Master’s Degree in Interior Design for Hotels, Bars and Restaurants, in Elisava. Founder and director of the professional studio GS Arquitectura, he has published texts on the history of architecture, the modern conception of space and work space and housing.
Pierre Bourdin is Professor of Computer, Multimedia and Telecommunication Studies at the UOC. Engineer in Computer Science and Robotics and pioneer in virtual reality and 3D programming, he took his doctorate in virtual reality under the supervision of Professor Mel Slater (EventLab).