Postgraduate Degree in Coolhunting. Design and Global Trends, degree awarded by Pompeu Fabra University (UPF).
Postgraduate in Coolhunting. Design and Global Trends
How can we know the constantly changing needs of today's society? In our Postgraduate Degree in Coolhunting. Design and Global Trends you will learn to improve the quality of life through design and innovation.
Groups in English and Spanish. Middle/high English Knowledge is required.
Jorge Hernán Rodríguez
Sep 2020 to Feb 2021
Tu, We, Fr, 5:00-9:15 p.m.
Two field of 5 days length in a European city. Travel and stay expenses are not included in the enrollment fees.
How can we know the changing and fluent needs of today's society? How can we improve the quality of life through design and innovation?
We live in a world in constant change with few tools that allow us to map or understand the present and future of social, business and government projects. This postgraduate degree offers tools for identification, analysis, strategy and application of the trends that permanently change the world. Combining disciplines of social sciences (ethnography, anthropologies, sociology, psychology, etc.) with methods and tools of market intelligence, strategic thinking and system and agile methods of innovation (empathy, co-creation, collective intelligence, data analysis) we build a holistic and strategic vision through a 360 º view of current society and its dynamics.
We build future scenarios to favor the sustainability of companies and organizations and to allow them to be projected in the world leaving a positive footprint. At the same time, we help each participant in the process of building an innovative and creative mentality capable of transforming society's schemes and building a better future through trends forecasting.
In the development of these projects, the teams of students learn to manage interdisciplinary teams, as well as research projects (trends research) and project future scenarios for companies and organizations that execute real projects with our programme. This postgraduate degree operates under the trendslab methodology, designed and implemented by Jorge Rodriguez Nieto, the course director, in combination with other methods and tools of outstanding authors from around the world.
Introduction and context
- This module welcomes students to the trends world, to its terminology and to the concepts driving the sector.
Research methodology and tools
- This module helps people with no experience in this field to develop skills, and also serves as a refresher course for those who have been involved in research projects. Includes ethnography, visual anthropology, sociology, market research, net-hunting and other strategic research areas.
- Presents cases and initiatives from professionals who have to deal with trends in various industries and pop culture.
- On-site work in various cities in order to develop perception and research abilities.
- They help students to learn the relationships between trends and business from the point of view of clients and companies.
- Promotes the dialogue between the researcher and the client.
Introduction to design thinking
- Allows students to connect research skills with collaborative and innovative thought philosophies.
- Tutored by the programme teaching staff and the companies associated with MIDI.
- Train researchers with the ability to create and participate in innovation and development processes.
- Offer professionals not linked to design tools that complement their training in scientific, technical and humanistic fields, to enhance their professional profile and opportunities.
- Offer professionals linked to design a space for interaction with other agents of innovation processes in order to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- Addressing innovation in a broad sense, including its technological, social, creative, productive and business plans aspects.
- Encourage the creation of spaces and events of exchange and collaboration between all the agents linked to innovation processes, service design and strategy scenarios.
- Facilitate the exploration of new services, systems, products, strategies and experiences for organizations, companies and governments through real projects linked to innovation.
- Online and offline research methodologies and tools management, and fieldwork.
- Knowledge of trend analysis.
- Empathy and creative thinking.
- Viability in innovation projects, development of plans and innovation strategies
- Consulting in innovation, design of services, design thinking, systems thinking and agile methodologies.
- Knowledge of team management, account management and project management.
- Public speaking ability.