Postgraduate Diploma in Brands, Core of Communications, certificate awarded by Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and Elisava.
Jordi Belil, Mercedes Espinós
Sep 2019 to feb 2020
Mo, Tu, Th, 5:00-9:15 p.m.
What is the power of a brand in the 21st century? How can we build solid brands in a changing society like the current one?
Every company or institution that offers a product or service has a brand with which it operates in its environment. The dimension of this brand and its projection can be variable but, in any case, the global management of the brand is a key factor of success in an increasingly globalized and competitive environment.
At a time when the quality of products and services and their costs are not enough reason for differentiation, branding becomes a key element, both of companies and institutions, in the development of a powerful strategy to distinguish itself. The main objectives of a brand are to obtain recognition and position itself. Whether from the public sector or from the private sector, properly managing a brand is essential for those who want to grow and acquire solidity, but also for those who, from a more solid position, seek to maintain leadership in their sector.
Branding refers to the complex process of building the brand through the strategic disposition of a set of assets directly or indirectly linked to the commitment, identity and experience of an organization.
Postgraduate Diploma in Brands, Core of Communications
Overall brand management is a key factor of success in an increasingly competitive and globalised environment. This course provides a complete overview of how brands are created and managed.
1. What is a brand?
- Definitions, strategic brand requirements and solutions provided by Branding
- Brand management, building and protection as one of the most strategic assets
2. Research elements, targets and contexts
- Market research instruments
- Targets. Definition and segmentation
3. Brand strategy
- Positioning, Brand Promise
- Platform: attributes, values, personality
- Brand architecture
4. Brand identity
- Brand Verbal Identity: Naming
- Brand visual identity: Symbols, Logo, Colour ranges, Typographies
5. Brand experience
Brand Communications: Advertising, PR, Direct marketing, Promotions, Events, Sponsorship.
6. Brand environments and identity elements
- Physical, retail, buildings, and external and internal signage, vehicles, personnel identification
- Printed matter: corporate stationery, leaflets, annual reports, sales support
- Digital: corporate website, product website, microsites and promotions.
7. Products and services
- Packaging, Point of Sale, Product Identification.
8. Brand management and communication tools
- Identity Manual (Brand Guidelines)
- Brand Book
During the programme, short exercises need to be completed to put into practice elements covered by the various modules. A Branding global project with real brands will be produced which includes the various sections defining the building process of a brand as a business strategy. This project will be tutored and worked on throughout the entire postgraduate course.
- Achieve a global and strategic view of the branding world based on real business cases from different sectors, introduced by their own authors and/or the same companies
- Provide the theoretical and conceptual instruments to be able to develop a complete brand building process and innovation through branding
- Put into practice the knowledge acquired through the approach and the development of specific micro projects and a global project of innovation through branding
- Have resources to know the complexity and the environment in which a product or service operates in order to carry out a strategic project that allows to implement the design of a brand
The students participating in this program will develop their analytical, strategic and creative thinking skills, as well as the practical skills of the complete brand creation process: strategy, identity and brand experience. The students will learn:
- The most current concepts on brand creation and brand management
- The processes and the keys to develop a brand strategy: Brand personality, values and positioning
- The processes and the keys to develop a Brand Identity in accordance with the Brand Strategy: Naming, Visual Identity, Sensory Identity
- The processes and the keys to develop a complete and global Brand Experience in accordance with the Brand Strategy
- The keys for the branding professional, in the different roles, responsibilities and collaborations that he can play in the brand creation and management process