Master’s Degree in Human
Interaction and Artificial Intelligence
Awarded by UVic-UCC.
Master's Degree in Human Interaction and Artificial Intelligence
The Master’s Degree in Human Interaction and Artificial Intelligence prepares you to work in the field of artificial intelligence for new business and human needs, always taking into account social responsibility.
Master’s Degree in Human
September to July
Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., and from 7:15 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
Artificial intelligence is the natural evolution of software development and a great tool for developing and building a new type of systems that are not limited to performing tasks, but are able to learn and develop on their own. Over the years, methods such as object-oriented programming and computer-human interaction have coexisted as two separate entities. Today, however, the tools and skills needed to create artificial intelligence are merging into a single profession.
The teaching of artificial intelligence must be consistent with our human values. Thus, this programme provides students with the knowledge to incorporate the understanding of business needs, social responsibility and human needs with use cases that ultimately become artificial intelligence. The Master’s Degree in Human Interaction and Artificial Intelligence is a perfect combination of design, technology, business and social responsibility.
- To learn the methodological and technical processes necessary to design and prototype artificial intelligence.
- To learn the latest trends and techniques in automatic learning and neural networks.
- To think critically in order to achieve a more human society.
- To learn new flows and processes of artificial intelligence design, translating mental models into mathematical models.
- To analyse social models, paradigms and current technological trends.
- To interpret the economic, technological and social context from a historical perspective to transform events into data.
- To create products and services using programming languages from the artificial intelligence environment.
- To apply existing artificial intelligence resources to solve problems.
- To translate mental models into mathematical models and artificial intelligence algorithms.
- To build a software architecture by mapping user and system needs.
- To develop a software product or service with artificial intelligence using various neural network paradigms.
- To apply learning from data mining using neural networks.
- To apply intelligent information system designs to different professional, business and social environments.
Master in Interaction Design from Umea University and Entrepreneur with more than 14 years of experience in technology and design and holder of multiple international patents.
He is currently the CXO and founder of GESTOS, a start-up that focuses on computer vision and human-technology interaction. GESTOOS represents a breakthrough in gestural interaction and the understanding of human behaviour, thanks to patented developments in machine learning and applied artificial intelligence. Germán León's vision is that spaces and devices become intelligent to understand and anticipate people's needs. Germán León is a former director of Oblong Europe. The company is widely known for the interface in the film "Minority Report".
Scientific advisor: Marcel Alcoverro
Telecommunications engineer, PhD in Computer Vision from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya (UPC) and Master in Advanced Computing, Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality from the UPC. He currently works as CTO of GESTOOS.