Master’s Degree in Human
Interaction and Artificial Intelligence.
Awarded by UVic-UCC.
Master in Human Interaction and Artificial Intelligence
The Master in Human Interaction and Artificial Intelligence stems from the idea that AI is no longer just an occurrence of science fiction; it surrounds us, making our lives easier. Our challenge now is adapting it to ever-evolving new business and human needs, with social and environmental responsibility.
Master’s Degree in Human
September to July
Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays, from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., and from 7:15 p.m. to 9:15 p.m.
The Master in Human Interaction and Artificial Intelligence is the natural evolution of software development. Per its definition, it should be able to learn and develop on its own, to enhance processes and achieve a high level of independence in its tasks, instead of just performing them repetitively. Although up until now, object-oriented programming and computer-human interaction have coexisted as two separate entities, the need of combining the two disciplines has become more and more evident. The tools and skills needed to create artificial intelligence are merging into a single profession.
The Master in Human Interaction and Artificial Intelligence allows us to explore the different aspects of creating, designing, and applying this technology. Still, taking it beyond, by making it consistent with human values and social responsibility and looking far into the future to come up with all the possibilities we can’t even start to imagine now.
Thus, this programme provides students with the knowledge to understand business needs, social responsibility and human needs with use cases that ultimately become artificial intelligence.
We aim to explore AI from all the points of view possible, those already existing and those which are still a figment of our imagination. This is a call to all designers, engineers, architects or art graduates to upend the world of AI through:
- To learn the methodological and technical processes necessary to design and prototype artificial intelligence.
- To learn the latest trends and techniques in automatic learning and neural networks.
- To learn new flows and processes of artificial intelligence design, translating mental models into mathematical models.
- To translate mental models into mathematical models and artificial intelligence algorithms.
- To build a software architecture by mapping user and system needs.
- To apply learning from data mining using neural networks.
Human and Social
- To think critically to achieve a more human society.
- To analyse social models, paradigms and current technological trends.
- To apply existing artificial intelligence resources to solve problems.
- To interpret the economic, technological and social context from a historical perspective to transform events into data.
- To create products and services using programming languages from the artificial intelligence environment.
- To apply intelligent information system designs to different professional, business and social environments.
- To develop a software product or service with artificial intelligence using various neural network paradigms.
CXO and Founder (Gestoos).
- Sudha Jamthe, CEO (IoT Disruptions).
- Cecilia Tham, Founder and Principal (Futurity Studio).
- Marcel Alcoverro, CTO (Exipple) and Founder (Gestoos).
- Pascal Landry, UX Researcher (Gestoos).