Specialization Programme in Animation Film
Specialization Programme in 3D Animation Film
The Specialization Programme in 3D Animation Film will allow you to become a professional of this genre, since you will have the chance to know all the stages of the process of professional animation, in films, series and videogames.
Starting date: September 2020 (300 hours)
Access and admission requirements
Undergraduate students or university graduates of Fine Arts, Design, Audiovisual Communication, Informatics and vocational training modules of art and design. Professionals of the industry.
Do you want to master the most advanced techniques of 3D animation cinema? Elisava and the Lightbox Academy present the Specialization Programme in 3D Animation Film.
This programme offers students a quality 3D animation filmmaking training to turn them into professionals of this technique. Students will learn first-hand about the different stages of a professional film and videogames animation process: from basic techniques to the most advanced movement cycles. Thus, participants will be supported by the school during their training to obtain the official certification in digital animation of major developers and will be supported by one of the most important animation studios in Europe, Lightbox Animation Studios, responsible for multi-award-winning feature films such as Capture the flag and Tad, the Lost Explorer.
- Interface: Interface, pivots, axes, interpolations, animation curves
- Animation principles and styles: Principles, styles (cartoons and realism), work methodology
- Basic animation: Overlapping y moving hold, timing/spacing, ball bouncings,
- Animation planning: Blocking, WIP, refining, breakdown
- Introduction to body mechanics: Weight changes, turns, leaps, poses
- Basic cycles: walking, running, sneak
- Body mechanics: Overlapping back and arms, moving hold in bipeds, peso
- Facial: Poses faciale, lipsing, take
- Acting: Body movement, acting planning
- Motion capture: Motion capture, animation workflow assimilation
- Final project: Consolidación de todos los conocimientos aprendidos para desarrollar ideas propias en un trabajo práctico para descubrir cómo se trabaja en la industria
- Consolidation of all the knowledge learned to develop your own ideas in a practical work to discover how you work in the industry
The student will have the opportunity to be part of a team that will replicate the real work process of an animation studio.
You will obtain a very versatile training in the different fields of animation: cinema, television, advertising and videogames.
All students will have the complicity and support of one of the most acclaimed animation film studios in Europe, Lightbox Animation Studios.
Theoretical and practical mastery of the different areas of animation: modeling, lighting, texturing or rigging, among others.
Development of different professional profiles in the digital animation industry (cinema, television, advertising and videogames).
Awarded with five Goya, Enrique Gato is the current standard-bearer of animation films in Spain. Director of films such as Capture the flag and Tad, the Lost Explorer, has managed to place the animation film of the country in the center of attention of the European industry. Gato is responsible for coordinating all the contents of this programme and also reviews and evaluates the projects of the students.