'Recent Residents', a new act by The City of Interactions that will reflect on the contribution of immigrants
Recent residents is the third act of "The City of Interactions", a series of public events proposed by Elisava as a contribution to regenerate the social fabric of Ciutat Vella, within the framework of its Design for City Making platform.
Welcomed by the group that occupies the church of Misericordia in Carrer de Montalegre, we propose three dialogues between students and representatives of immigrant collectives (illegal street hawkers, scrap dealers, unaccompanied minors) of Barcelona from the collaborations established by three Elisava Bachelor theses (TFGs) from the research field “inhabitation of emptiness”.
Studying and investigating the project opportunities that arise from the migratory phenomenon means, above all, highlighting its great potential for transformation and renewal by the places that are involved. To probe these places again, to detect the "gaps" in which to interfere, becomes a metaphor for everything that remains to be solved, transformed, colonized and understood in our present.
Focusing on the specific reality of the Ciutat Vella neighborhood, the transcultural projects generated by these "improbable encounters" place special emphasis on the positive and innovative contributions of these groups to the local reality.
- Students and professors of Elisava.
- Representatives of immigrant groups: illegal street hawkers, scrap dealers, ex-unaccompanied minors.
- Blanca Garcés (Senior researcher in the area of migrations of the CIDOB).
- Neus Arnal (Social educator in the reception center).
- M'hamed Abdelouahed Allaoui (Coordinator of the Mentoring Program for young people only migrated from the Technical Team of the Committee for the Reception of Refugee Persons Secretariat of Equality, Migrations and Citizenship of the Generalitat of Catalonia).
- Ignasi Calbó
- Mamadou Saliou (Founder of the NGO Diandé Africa).