Access and Admission
The selection of students is based on the academic background, skills, professional experience and motivation of the candidates who want to take the program.
Students who wish to study at Elisava, should hold the following documentation once they start the pre-registration process:
- Curriculum vitae.
- Motivation letter.
- Book with your most outstanding works in PDF A4 format of 4 pages maximum and not more than 2MB.
- ID or scanned passport and with 6 months of validity.
- Candidates must hold a university degree (graduate, architect, engineer or higher graduate with a university degree) or a diploma (diploma, technical architect, technical engineer or graduate with a university degree).
- Candidates who do not hold the required university degree can access, depending on their professional experience, a diploma awarded by Pompeu Fabra University.
Check here to see the admission requirements of the Master's Degree in Design and Communication
Pre-registration for Master’s degrees and Postgraduate courses is carried out online through our pre-enrollment portal, where the steps and requirements to take any of our programs are specified.
One week before the start of the course, you will have to submit your application at the Elisava facilities. Do not worry, when the time comes, you will be informed of all the steps you must take.
Students from outside the EU
When you arrive in Barcelona, we recommend that you register at the Embassy or Consulate of your country in Spain.
Students from outside the European Union (EU) and from outside the EEA (Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway) or from Switzerland, in order to stay legally in Spain for more than 90 days, need to obtain authorization, which will allow them to stay in Spain for the duration of their studies and, in addition, can travel if they wish, within the EU and countries that have signed agreements with Spain or the EU for the free movement of people.
These are the procedures students have to complete to obtain a visa:
- Before your arrival in Spain: Studies Visa
- During the first month after your effective entry into Spain: TIE (Foreigner Identity Card)
- Two months before your card expires: Renewal
- If you have to travel and your card is expired: Return authorisation
- If you want to work during your studies: Work authorisation
Students from the EU
Students who come from a Member State of the European Union or from Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland, have the right to free movement and residence in Spain.
Even so, all EU citizens who reside in Spain for a period longer than 3 months, must request their registration in the Central Registry of Foreigners. This registration will entail the issuance of a registration certificate and will include a foreigner identification number (NIE).
To process it, you must go to the Police Station of the town or city where you live:
A) If you live in Barcelona, visit the Police Station located at Rambla Guipúzcoa, 74 in Barcelona, and request an appointment via the website Electronic Office (Access the procedure> Barcelona> Accept> Request for authorizations> Accept> Enter).
B) If you live in a location other than Barcelona or L'Hospitalet, go to your nearest Police Station.
- Application form
- Passport or identity document in force (original and copy)
- Registration receipt (original and copy)
- European health card or medical insurance (original and copy)
- Affidavit as the student has enough financial means during their stay in Spain (model). Participation in study exchange programs of the European Union is considered sufficient accreditation for the justification of economic means