Postgraduate in Web Project Management and Design
Postgraduate Diploma in Web Project Management and Design, degree awarded by Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering.
From September to February.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, from 5 p.m. to 9.15 p.m.
Spanish and english. It is advisable to have some basic english knowledge, given that some materials or lectures might be given in this language.
Year 2019-2020: 5,270 € (plus 400 € in concept of registration fee)
• University degree or university graduate degree.
• Professionals with experience in the fields related to the master.
• Basic training in 3D and interior design softwares.
• High level of Spanish and English.
• Academic and professional resume.
• Motivation letter.
How can we take advantage of Internet to promote social and economic growth?
The Internet is today the place where we investigate, buy and are in contact with other people, so it is essential to train professionals capable of understanding the total transformation that such a volume of information entails and who know how to take advantage of its potential for social and economic growth. At the same time, all the opportunities that derive from it need to respond to both user needs and business challenges.
To do so, this programme proposes an applied training offer that covers all the necessary aspects so that the students acquire the competences and knowledge that allow them to undertake, direct and design products, services and applications of an innovative character and from a perspective centered on the experience of use.
Teaching staff specialized in each of the thematic areas of the programme, the case studies and the execution of a practical project, the student will obtain a multidisciplinary training. With this training, the student will have a detailed vision of the entire process of creating an interactive project where the business vision, user experience (UX), technology and interface design are at the heart of it.
The master’s degree offers the possibility to do an internship in important companies in the sector (i.e. Everis, BeRepublic, Gamma UX, Optimyzet, Multiplica, Ogilvy), but also in start-ups or companies from other fields such as Ulabox and Diari Ara. After completing this master's degree, a significant number of former students have joined some of the leading companies in the sector in Spain and abroad. Many of the final master projects have also been awarded prestigious international awards, funding and scholarships.
Postgraduate Diploma in Web Project Management and Design
The Postgraduate Diploma in Web Project Management and Design is structured from the following thematic areas that are included in a transverse project that is developed throughout the course:
Internet Philosophy and global management aspects
The objective of this module consists of understanding the interaction concept and its possibilities, and the Internet communication principles, concretely paying attention to the indisciplinarity in the creation of web projects. The project management part will be carefully dealt with, and some activity planning tools will be offered, as well as the dealings with stakeholders, teams and negotiation.
The objective of this module consists of learning methods and processes for the development of a suitable product strategy, the definition of objectives and success metrics. Different conceptualisation, research and user modelling and rival analysis methods will be carried out.
User experience (UX)
The objective of this module consists of achieving a good command of the key concepts that guarantee a rich user experience. It goes into detail about factors such as interaction design, information architecture, the accessibility, the navigation flows and usability. The programme will work on tasks applied to the development of concrete results (for instance, wireframes or prototypes), that make it possible to move forward in the product development and in the validation of these results.
Graphic interface design
The aim of this module consists of synthesising the architecture, the usability and the web project strategy through the design of its graphic interface. Some basic interactive visual communication aspects are emphasized and the student is introduced to the inclusion of interaction elements and navigation in multiple supports (for instance, web interfaces for mobile phones and desktop). From the visual conceptualization through sketching to the realization of mock-ups and the definition of a design patters bookcase.
The objective of this module consists of learning the communication protocols of web projects, just like going into detail about HTML and CSS languages. The module includes an introduction to the most commonly used languages, such as HTML5 and CSS3. A special attention will be paid to the most commonly used development frameworks and to code questions that affect the development for multiple devices (responsive).
This module introduces the student to the methodologies and tools related to measuring, the
functioning analysis of an online appearance, such as a website. The obtaining of different kinds of metrics and data to optimize the results through tools available on the market will be dealt.
Note: Under no circumstances will the contents of the Postgraduate Diploma in Web Project Management and Design overlap with the ones of the Postgraduate Diploma in Design of Network Applications and Services.
- Learn and know the philosophy, mechanisms and dynamics of the Internet and digital technologies to understand this space of creation and technology as a particular language.
- Understand the importance of the user experience as a discipline that gives meaning to the joint work of technology, design and interaction.
- Provide the necessary interdisciplinary knowledge to be able to design and implement functional websites and web apps focused on the users and their needs.
- Learn and know the strategies that allow the brand positioning and establish processes of collective intelligence in the development of projects.
- Understand the characteristics of the digital technological ecosystem to take advantage of its potential in the creation of services and products that promote the digital transformation.
- Introduce new business models, promote the entrepreneurial nature of the means and establish new professional opportunities.
- Be able to direct, design and implement a project for the Internet in an autonomous way and be able to participate in a specialized team.
The main competences for which the master prepares are:
- Understand and apply the sociological and conceptual mechanisms of the Internet and digital technologies in the creation of products and services.
- Know and apply the techniques of the user experience (UX) and the interaction design for the modeling and architecture of services and applications.
- Know and apply the user interface design principles for the creation of visual systems and micro-interactions.
- Apply the necessary interdisciplinary knowledge to design and prototype web applications and services as well as other digital products.
- Know and apply user-centered design techniques to design products and services focused on their needs with the aim of offering efficient, effective and usable proposals.
- Understand and propose new business models that promote the entrepreneurial nature of the means and establish new professional opportunities.
- Develop both content and measurement strategies that allow brand positioning and consolidate commercial conversion opportunities.
- Know and apply planning and agile projects direction methodologies.
- Know the interactive products design methodology, the stages that configure it and its iterative nature.
- Be able to analyze the social context, identify opportunities and set out innovation challenges that promote digital transformation.