Postgraduate in Innovation and Design Thinking
- Postgraduate Diploma in Innovation and Design Thinking, degree awarded by the Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
- 5th (Spanish Edition) / 3rd (English Edition)
- One edition per year from February to July
- ECTS Credits:
- Groups in Spanish and English. A good English level is also required for the Spanish edition because materials and lectures are given in this language.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, from 5 to 9.15 p.m.
- Aimed at:
- All the creative professionals interested in complementing their professional training with research and innovation tools. Businesspeople and entrepreneurs interested in exploring and creating new business models and collaboration. Engineers, technologists and techniciants interested in developing creation and innovation abilities. Professionals of other areas interested in innovating in their sector.
JORGE RODRÍGUEZ NIETO.
Publicist specialized in Corporative Communication at the UJTL, BA in Plastic Arts specialised in New means and Management at the Universidad de los Andes and Master’s Degree in Cultural Management. He has worked as a delegate producer for HBO Olé –TIME Warner Group, doing research for television specials. He directed the Fundación Artehoy and La Bienal de Fotografía of Bogotá between 1999 and 2004. He currently directs the DesignThinkers Group Spanish office and the MIDI Master’s Degree in Research for Design and Innovation of ELISAVA.
Projects and awards
MIDI DT Workshop at the HTWAn amazing cooperation between MIDI (Masters degree in Research for Design and Innovation) at Elisava Barcelona and the Design Thinking Program at HTW Hochschule für Technik und Wirtschaft Berlin. 13 students from ELISAVA designed 3 workshops for 10 teenagers from the Evangelische Schule Mitte finding out future scenarios for different products and services with the support of Daniel Zentgraf from Algo Bueno Studio in Barcelona. We thank the cooperation of Heike Ernst, head of the Design Thinking program, Daniela Marzavan, Estuardo Calderon y Gloria Costa.
1st Design Thinking Day ELISAVAOrganised by the Postgraduate Diploma in Coolhunting, Design and Global Trends of ELISAVA 2010/2011. During the day we explored the forms, methods and systems that offer Trends Research and Design Thinking to achieve different objectives. In addition to the lectures given by teachers, it had special guests who contributed with their experience and point of view.
Dubai Urban Immersion WorkshopHeld at Tashkeel with the support of Design Road, Dubai Culture and ELISAVA. This workshop was a wonderful opportunity to explore some of the most important aspects of the city after the economic slowdown and discuss about the possible future scenarios and releval topics that represent opportunities and challenges for the city. A wonderful team of 10 people most of them locals, explored the city looking for signs, symbols, references and images that reveled the spirit of Dubai.
Itziar PobesI have a design studio. The material we did provided solutions, but something was missing, something which also has to be designed. We knew the term design thinking on a trip to Copenhagen during the Design Week. It was what we were looking for. Jorge, the director, has given us many different views from people who are already working on it. At the beginning, is difficult to find your aims but at the end you have a very broad vision and the ability to find your point of view and your own working methods. I would recommend the postgraduate diploma for people who are willing to open his mind, to find alternative ways of working. The postgraduate will help me a lot for my job, but now I have to think how to make my clients consider design thinking.