Postgraduate in Innovating through Brands
Postgraduate Diploma in Innovating through Brands, degree awarded by Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering.
From February to July.
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, from 5 p.m. to 9.15 p.m.
Spanish. It is advisable to have some basic English knowledge, given that some materials or lectures might be given in this language.
Year 2018-2019: 4,900 € (plus 500 € in concept of registration fee).
• Graduates in branding, marketing, design and communication, etc.
• High level of Spanish
• Proven professional experience
• Submission of a portfolio.
• Cover letter
What is the power of a brand in the 21st century? How can we build solid brands in a changing society like the current one?
Every company or institution that offers a product or service has a brand with which it operates in its environment. The dimension of this brand and its projection can be variable but, in any case, the global management of the brand is a key factor of success in an increasingly globalized and competitive environment.
At a time when the quality of products and services and their costs are not enough reason for differentiation, branding becomes a key element, both of companies and institutions, in the development of a powerful strategy to distinguish itself. The main objectives of a brand are to obtain recognition and position itself. Whether from the public sector or from the private sector, properly managing a brand is essential for those who want to grow and acquire solidity, but also for those who, from a more solid position, seek to maintain leadership in their sector.
Branding refers to the complex process of building the brand through the strategic disposition of a set of assets directly or indirectly linked to the commitment, identity and experience of an organization.
Postgraduate Diploma in Innovating through Brands
Branding can act as a catalyst, a facilitator, and an essential part of the innovation process of companies and products.
The programme’s structure focuses on four main aspects, which are:
1. Concepts, visions and methodologies about innovation
- Different professionals from diverse organizations, will provide their particular vision on innovation and will explain different methodologies for developing innovation processes.
- Definitions put forward at various times on the innovation concept.
- Entrepreneurship and business opportunities evaluation.
- Strategic brand requirements and solutions provided by branding in innovative contexts.
- New products and added-value services.
- Experiences of a unique, differentiated and consistent brand.
- Rational and emotional, sound and long-lasting connections.
2. Research elements in innovation contexts
Brand requirements in constant innovation processes.
Innovation and research instruments from a market perspective.
Tools to discover and detect consumer requirements, preferences and perceptions.
3. Expression and Media
What new concepts, expressive tools, channels and media, allow the development of innovative perceptions.
How IT and their expansion affect the branding processes, and how the communication strategies environment of traditional brands is modified.
Conceptual alternatives like Movements creation, Communication Vectors, Transmedia or Marketing online and alternative channels, such as the development of apps, mobile marketing or Digital signage.
4. The Reality: Business cases
Several specific cases of innovations in various market sectors.
Startups in different development stages.
5. Innovation Branding Project
Cross-cutting Innovation Branding project to put the knowledge acquired into practice.
This course offers an overview of how brands are created and managed and the innovation opportunities they represent.
- Achieve a global and strategic view of the branding world based on real business cases from different sectors, introduced by their own authors and/or the same companies.
- Provide the theoretical and conceptual instruments to be able to develop a complete brand building process and innovation through branding.
- Put into practice the knowledge acquired through the approach and the development of specific micro projects and a global project of innovation through branding.
- Have resources to know the complexity and the environment in which a product or service operates in order to carry out a strategic project that allows to implement the design of a brand.
The students participating in this program will develop their analytical, strategic and creative thinking skills, as well as the practical skills of the complete brand creation process: strategy, identity and brand experience.
They will learn:
- The most current concepts on brand creation and brand management.
- The processes and the keys to develop a brand strategy: Brand personality, values and positioning.
- The processes and the keys to develop a Brand Identity in accordance with the Brand Strategy: Naming, Visual Identity, Sensory Identity.
- The processes and the keys to develop a complete and global Brand Experience in accordance with the Brand Strategy.
- The keys for the branding professional, in the different roles, responsibilities and collaborations that he can play in the brand creation and management process.
Management and teaching staff