MasterLAB in Service Design Systems
MasterLAB in Service Design Systems - Exploring Place and Community Through Design Research, degree awarded by ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
From October 1st to June 30th 2019.
Face-to-face workshops: October 8th to 19th, 2018 / December 3rd to 7th, 2018 / January 14th to 25th, 2019 / March 11th to 22nd, 2019.
From 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. and from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Year 2018-2019: 12.000 € (plus 500 € registration fee).
- Bachelor's degree
- Documents: Please send to email@example.com a video of 2’ duration, explaining why you want to join us.
- Selection: based on background, professional motivation, attitude out of mainstream, collaboration, entrepreneurial spirit, visions and personal commitment
Arianna Mazzeo (Director MasterLAB)
Viviana Narotzsky (Academic Director MasterLAB)
This MastersLAB through service design aims:
- To prepare professionals, service designers, creative, practitioners, policy designers and design managers for the new opportunities of a blockchain and commons-driven innovation.
- To train designers, artists, architects, design managers, creative, engineering, makers, civic entrepreneurs, strategist, cultural experts, to co-design, in different urban and rural contexts opportunities, linked platforms of social digital innovation, through applied research in service design, in a multidisciplinary context with a cross-cultural understanding.
- To offer professionals the tools to develop a personal, multidisciplinary research approach to the city, urban and rural communities, the public space as a public good, which can be applied to a variety of fields and creative practices.
- To train professionals in the development of urban and rural projects with sustainability, community and resilience at their core.
You will learn to:
- Understand the complex nature of the urban and rural communities and develop experimental research strategies for applied projects.
- Analyse future socio-cultural scenarios and contextualise collaborative policy in the city and the region.
- Select and apply research, principles and practices of the service design processes and the specific social and digital innovation processes to your local context.
- Acquire the skills for co-creation and apply it in your community.
- Evaluate resilient aspects and the environmental impact of material, re-use and super-use.
- Learn how to co-design with local communities in order to produce new visions, policy, strategy and tools.
- Be an agent of positive change by developing collaborative scenarios and situated actions.
- Generate an open-ended creative storytelling and applied strategy, in order to foster transformative educational pathways by researching and experimenting through the design of services.
- Recognize the potential of new emergent social and creative business models, of people-driven innovation, blockchain and service design in the context of collaborative economy and circular city design.
Open Workshop March 9th 2018
Open Workshop for Design Agencies and Design Researcher in Service Design for Place and Community.
Room 311 (4:30 p.m.)
Thinking about learning more about service design? Are you working in a design agency or you want to have a PhD in design research? Join us at this Open Workshop! We work on Barcelona Makers District and policies for city-making with the Barcelona Municipality.
To confirm your presence, send an e-mail to Arianna:firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating your name, surname and telephone number. If you're interested, but are not able to join us in person, please contact Arianna anyway!