Master in Retail Space: Retail Design
Master’s Degree in Retail Space: Retail Design, degree awarded by Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering.
Two editions per year starting in September and February // Spanish group: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 5 p.m. to 9.15 p.m. English group: Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 10 a.m. to 2.15 p.m.
Spanish and english groups (spanish group: it's advisable to have some basic english knowledge, given that some materials or lectures might be given in this language).
(English Edition):10.900 € (plus 500 € registration fee)
- Graduates in Design. Graduates in Fine Arts. Graduates in Communication.
- Basic knowledge of spatial representation in 2D and 3D.
How should we apply design to a commercial space? What should be taken into account when creating spaces for brands?
This master’s degree is designed for professionals who wish to acquire a complete knowledge on the field of retail design. However, within retail arena there are many disciplines we will cover you to in which you can develop with the utmost professionalism.
From small-scale and new formats to large-scale design, from boutiques to large multinational brands, we will explain how the differences are applied in each scenario, working directly with brands and briefings and getting great guest juries. Our guest companies are among other World Duty Free, IKEA, Swarovski and Vitra, among others.
Most areas are covered with theory and practice cases. Importance is given to the analysis and study of trends and innovation in the market and society to get a close-up view of the elements in designing a retail space arena (new formats, space, communication, flow, exhibition, virtual aspects, sensory perceptions, etc.). Art and analysis are the basis of any project and the concept and projection of space. We make every effort so students come away with the highest standards and ability to work with the most demanding companies in the market.
- Analyse the role the retail sector plays in commercial strategy at all levels.
- Explore retail types, their various functions, how to deal with demand for them, the role they play in economic and social activity, and the future challenges this sector faces.
- Demonstrate and analyse the design process for the development of a retail space arena.
- Identify and apply social and market studies, and learn how to interpret and work with this information to obtain an ideal design.
- Create a complete project for the design of a major retail space with all the aspects that need to be taken into account to bring it to a good conclusion.
- Domain of the conceptualization and realization of window display.
- Domain of strategic branding tools related to Retail.
- Knowledge of strategies, market plans and models of expansion.
- Domain of visual communication tools.
- Knowledge of Retail applied to virtual commerce.
- Domain of different trends in eco-illumination.
Management and teaching staff