Master in Interior Design
Master’s Degree in Interior Design, degree awarded by Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
There are two annual editions, from September to July and from February to February // Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 5 p.m. to 9.15 p.m.
Spanish and English in two independent editions. In the Spanish group, it is advisable to have some basic English knowledge, given that some materials or lectures might be given in this language.
10.900 € (plus 500 € registration fee)
• College degree or university graduate degree in design.
• Professional experience that can be accredited (in this case, candidates will not be able to receive the title of Master’s Degree, but Programme).
• In addition, in general, it will be required to:
- Have a high level of Spanish, both of understanding, speaking and writing for the Spanish course.
- Have a high level of English, both of understanding, speaking and writing for the English course.
- The candidate must be an efficient and autonomous person in the use of graphic representation software programmes for architectural space.
- Familiarization with the design culture.
How to give meaning to domestic spaces and working environments? How do the new economic and social conditions affect to the solution of the architectural problems?
The Master’s Degree in Interior Design is aimed at students who wish to specialise in architectural interior design. It focuses on enhancing interior space with a distinctive character and appropriate significance, by underscoring its inherent sensitivities (light, colour, materials, textures, etc.) and also providing it with suitable conditions of use.
This is possible thanks to two focused visions —corresponding to its two constituent postgraduate diplomas— which focus on how new social and economic conditions affect the features of spaces in work environments and households, respectively.
Thus, the Postgraduate Diploma in Interior Space Design. Private Perimeters seeks to focus on giving character and meaning to domestic spaces. The course is designed to be practical, but without neglecting strong results on the theory side and a degree of sufficient project definition to ensure successful execution.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Design of Work Space, on the other hand, stresses the singularity of each space regarding the business idea and brand goals, and helping the users to have a nice experience of the space in order to enhance the creativity, the physical and psychological comfort, and the sustainable criteria, at work.
With active and proven methodologies, this master’s degree aims to prepare designers to successfully tackle the challenges of the professional world.
· Delve into the characteristics of specific production of the different sorts of design in relation to the space to design.
· Assimilate the emerging social and cultural values that are the basis of the criteria of implementation by the disciplines that articulate them: ergonomics, ecology, economics, sociology, anthropology and its incidence in the whole process of the project.
- Interpret the company or user requirements and its functional program
- Creatively apply the knowledge in relation to the uniqueness of the case study.
· Assess the impact of new technologies and new materials in the reconditioning of the physical space.
Students get a specialization in interior space design and during his connection to ELISAVA investigate, analyze, share, listen and experience with spaces, materials, textures, colors and light... all to acquire a experience that form them to successfully face the challenges of the professional world.
- Understanding of the factors involved in the implementation of interior, domestic and work spaces -technology, new social models, new behaviours, programme and technology.
- Ability to grant the space a distinctive character by the command of the sensitive records of light, materials, and color.
- Ability to organize and plan a space.
- Excellent command of the basic dimensions of the parts and elements that make up a functional programme
- Control of the basic characteristics of the space conditioning systems for environmental comfort.
- Excellent command of the work phases and the professional planning of the projects.
- Ability to work as a team and autonomously.
- Ability to contribute characteristic solutions to complex problems.
- Know how to manage time.
- Ability to enhance the value of the projects through good communication from the graphical and oral representation.
- Ability to be proactive beyond the usual solutions.
Management and teaching staff
Co-director of the Master’s Degree in Interior Design and coordinator of the GSD area
Ricardo Guasch Ceballos
PhD and Co-director of the Master’s Degree in Design for Hotels, Bars and Restaurants and Co-director of the Master in Interior Design