Master in Graphic Design
Duration // Schedule
Which is the role of the designer in the current society? Explore the opportunities of a profession in continuous evolution.
The Master in Graphic Design is an advanced programme that gives the designer a global and multidisciplinary vision of the practice of current design.
The Master digs deeply into the versatility the contemporary designer must adopt before the different necessities, environments, processes and languages of the professional reality. The programme consists on developing specific projects about different disciplines (identity, publishing, packaging, signposting, audiovisual and digital) that allow cultivating a wide knowledge and obtaining an advanced training about graphic design.
Its objective is to give the students the necessary tools to navigate in the complexity of contemporary graphic design as agents of change and progress of the society from a global perspective.
You will take part in several activities and work dynamics, like lectures, talks, workshops and projects, with the intervention and tutoring of some of the best international experts to develop your own visual language and strategically choose the less-circulated, most-innovative and singular creative paths.
- To give the designer the ability to understand and answer to the versatile reality of design.
- To make the designer comfortable before different and complementary projects, which define the current spectrum of the profession.
- To encourage the ability of the designer to strategically choose the less-circulated most-innovative and singular creative paths.
- To provide a wide vision of the current outlook through the main factors of the profession, both locals and internationals.
- To get to know the different types of graphic design projects according to their objective and content.
- To know relevant professionals and to learn the tools and specific working process of the different disciplines in the practice of the contemporary graphic design.
- Knowledge of the graphic, concept and method criteria, as well as of the tools, production techniques and new technologies within the field of graphic design applied to:
- Identity projects (corporate identity, flexible identity and graphic system)
- Publishing projects (books, magazines, printed materials)
- Packaging projects (packages, products, merchandising)
- Signposting projects (signposting of offices, schools, hotels, airports, hospitals, parkings, parks, routes, cities, etc.)
- Digital projects (websites, apps)
- Audiovisual design projects (motion graphics)
- Knowledge of the formalization of the projects of graphic design applied to different disciplines.
- Understanding of the existing relationship between graphic design and data visualization, exhibition design and communication campaigns.
- Application of the basic notions of strategy, graphic systems, futures and creative processes and typographies by using them in graphic design projects.
- Knowledge of the working phases and professional planning of graphic design projects.
- Usage of the necessary resources and codes to communicate with different agents involved in the process (clients and collaborators).
- Undergraduate Degree or higher degree in graphic design with a university qualification.
- Professional experience that can be recognized (in this case you will not receive the Master’s degree, but a Programme).
- Besides, you will need to:
- Have a high level of comprehension, spoken and written Spanish for the Spanish course.
- Have a high level of comprehension, spoken and written English for the English course.
- The candidate must be an efficient and self-sufficient person in the use of graphic design software.
Barcelona 1970. Graduated from Eina school in 1991. From 1989 to 1996 worked and trained professionally in various studios in Barcelona, Brussels and Bordeaux.
Founder of Base Design in 1997 with four more partners in order to create a network of graphic design studios in Barcelona, Brussels, Geneva, Madrid, New York and Santiago de Chile.
Awarded with the City of Barcelona Design Prize in 2007.
Since 2010 he is the director of the Master in Graphic Design Elisava.
In 2015 establishes a new professional initiative: Outcome.
Pablo Juncadella is partner and founder of Mucho, a studio with presence in Barcelona, Paris, San Francisco and London.
His work has been internationally awarded and recognised, among which he has two Pencil of D&AD.
Moreover, Juncadella is a member of AGI (Alliance Graphique Internacionale).