Master in Engineering in Industrial Design
Master’s Degree in Engineering in Industrial Design, degree awarded by Pompeu Fabra University (UPF) and ELISAVA Barcelona School of Design and Engineering
From September to July.
Monday, Wednesday and Thursday.
From 5 p.m. to 9.15 p.m.
Spanish and English in approximately 20% of the programme.
Year 2018-2019: 9.400 € (plus 500 € in concept of registration fee)
University degree students or Bachelor’s students with accredited university degree, from:
• Engineering degrees in Engineering and Industrial Design.
• Engineering degrees in Industrial Engineering.
• Degrees in Telecommunications or Computer engineering.
• Degrees related to biotechnology or nanotechnology.
• Graduates in Design in the fields of product or interaction.
Present a detailed academic and professional curriculum to facilitate the pre-selection of the course participants. A portfolio of projects carried out. Specify in a document the reasons why you are interested in performing the postgraduate programme and provide at least two recommendation letters.
What are the tools the engineer has to investigate to transform the current industry? How can we use advanced materials and emerging technologies to achieve sustainable results for the future?
The Master’s Degree in Engineering in Industrial Design complements the professional and academic knowledge previously acquired in any of the areas of engineering, with the intention of training a creative professional with a clear advanced understanding of the function and potential of emerging technologies. It is also aimed at people who want to work in technology transfer or centers of innovation, scientific or applied research.
The projects propose solutions that arise from the systemic relationship between design, communication, scientific research, engineering and computer science, focusing on innovation-oriented topics or common conceptual frameworks for research in a number of areas.
It combines user interaction with avant-garde technology and creative design that allows to foresee new future scenarios with the assurance that they can be implemented in the current context.
This master's degree, led from EURECAT and ELISAVA, provides a professional view of an integrating engineer, with the ability to investigate from the technology in laboratories to create through scientific knowledge, increasing its capacity for innovation in the industry. This structure allows linking an interconnected network of companies, professionals and technology centers, which give shape to concepts such as Embedded Technology, Smart Objects, Wearable Computing y Reactive Materials.
The main objectives of this programme are:
- Train professionals with strategic vision to define a value proposition based on advanced technology. Understand the positioning of a product in the market and the development of its business model.
- Acquire the skills to link creativity and technology. Explore new ways of creation through scientific and technical knowledge for innovation in the industry.
- Learn to use the methodologies to find the valueinsights in order to conceptualize an innovative product.
- Understand the composition of reactive materials,smart textiles, printed electronics, as an opportunity for the trend in integrated products.
- Train professionals who are up to date on the conceptsof Internet of Things (IoT), Internet of People (IoP) and Smart Objects.
- Provide solid knowledge about digital manufacturing linked to the Internet of Things (IoT), as one of the new production models. Thus, students can understand a contextual industry with greater adaptability to the needs and production processes, which has been called Industry 4.0.
The master is designed for students to acquire, develop and exercise specific skills and competencies, which summarize the necessary skills to design and develop an Industrial Design Engineering project. The student will gain the specific theoretical and practical knowledge of each phase, as well as a cross-cutting vision and experience of the global process.
- Experiment with systems, technologies, processes, materials and tools to validate the product design and development process.
- Select and use dynamic materials, advanced technologies and digital manufacturing processes in the product design and development process.
- Analysis and synthesis ability
- Ability to apply knowledge in the analysis of data and situations to solve problems.
- Ability to develop creativity and motivation for the innovation process.
- Develop own methodology and procedures in innovative design project.
- Design and implement formal, communicative and technological solutions to solve design and product development situations.
- Teamwork skills.