Relations between the university sector and the rest of society are undergoing a real revolution. More and more people, companies, and institutions are entering into contact with the university community, establishing innovative methods of collaboration with great potential.
In recent years in this context, design has developed to become one of the most consolidated areas with the most future in our city. Innovation, creativity and the use of current technologies are basic values for our society. That is why innovation in the areas of new technologies, and creative industry and collaborations with the business sector now form part of the daily routine at ELISAVA.
Our School highly values relations with companies and institutions, since this is where our students’ future career will unfold. We are constantly broadening and consolidating these connections, and establishing work structures that are more enriching for the entities we collaborate with, as well as for our School.
This endeavour leads to stable collaborations with innovative and leading-edge companies, a network of relations that benefits from extending the various collaboration models and adapting them to the requirements of companies and our own students.
The list of companies which have already collaborated with ELISAVA include BAYER, DECATHLON, SONY, HEWLETT PACKARD and ROCA, among others. The companies turn to the School seeking alternatives to the traditional sources of business innovation.
Studying the creation of new options which have not been considered before makes it possible to add design to business components. Furthermore, these projects provide companies with an opportunity to identify the most brilliant students, whilst ELISAVA can meet companies’ demand for innovative talent.
Objectives of the collaborations
Cooperation with the professional sector is beneficial for both the school’s students and the companies. Among others, it makes it possible to:
- Increase the excellence of the training of ELISAVA's students by providing them with real spaces for learning.
- Offer companies and institutions ELISAVA’s potential in the areas of design and engineering for the implementation of research and innovation projects.
- Contribute to the generation of design culture within and outside the business and institutional sectors.
- Contribute to the generation and transfer of knowledge from the university to the business and institutional sectors.
- Facilitate contact between companies and institutions and ELISAVA’s young talented students as future top-quality professionals.
- Facilitate networking and synergies between the academic and professional sectors.
- Provide customised education at ELISAVA for the professional sector leading to the creation of courses able to meet the specific requirements of companies and institutions.
- Facilitate the selection of ELISAVA students on the basis of the specific profiles companies and institutions require, by means of work placements or employment contracts.