Integral Envelopes 2.0 Workshop
- 10.15.2012 to 10.19.2012
- ELISAVA (La Rambla 30-32)
Workshop integrated into the Master’s Advanced Design and Digital Architecture
In architecture and design, we have to rediscover the concepts of observation and research, and learn the lesson from nature on the act of formalizing and metabolizing. Our objective is to learn and apply this knowledge to the design process for architecture and spaces.
In this workshop, we will work with the natural processes of morphogenesis, experimenting with prototypes and learning techniques of form finding such as folding, weaving, pneus, catenaries, minimal nets, minimal surfaces, tree structures, among others.
The participants will gain a new perspective on the creation of forms and spaces through knowledge of the material and its “intelligent” behaviour, complemented by learning Grasshopper, a software package that allows visual programing and advanced modelling of these forms and structures.
This workshop will equip students to produce truly innovative designs in terms of material, form and behaviour, to the point of creating designs that are able to adapt to their environment. Ultimately, we will learn that the boundary between natural and artificial (or that produced by humans) has been redrawn from the perspective of biomimetic engineering.
Architects, Engineers, Industrial Designers, Interior Designers, Product Designers, Artists of various media, Landscapers.
Two scholarships will be awarded
- Good level of understanding plus good spoken English
- Basic knowledge of Rhinoceros
- Interest in new Design processes and tools
What do you have to provide?
- A4 CV in PDF format.
- A4 PDF featuring a selection of images and projects, max. 3MB
Please, fill out the attached webform. For any question, please contact with Jordi Truco (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Deadline Submission of documentation: by 15th September
- Notification of acceptance: 20th September
- Notification of grants: 20th September
- Workshop start date: 15th October
- JORDI TRUCO. Architect, Director of ADDA, Advanced Design and Digital Architecture
- MICHAEL WEINSTOCK. Architect, Director emergent technologies and design Architectural Association. UK Director technical studies AA